Friday, 1 November 2013

Life moves pretty fast..


Long time no chat..

Things have picked up in the land of internships and China times. I’m sitting in bed on a Friday night – the girls are gone for the weekend – and it’s really the first time I’ve had to reflect over the last two weeks.

Ferris Bueller was right – life moves pretty fast. I’m doing my best not to miss it.

Evaluation happened at the beginning of this week. It’s really strange to say that – Monday seems like forever ago. Bryan was here and gone before we really knew what happened. Friday to Monday was the textbook definition of a whirlwind. That said, we all received positive feedback with more feedback on the way soon. Sometime in November we’ll also be doing a video evaluation for coaching and comments – that will be quite the experience!

Tuesday rolled around and the stress of the days didn’t really lift – which resulted in some rough days. Luckily I’ve had support from all corners. The girls have been wonderful, despite the hysterical hour and a half I spent on Alicia’s couch, and the Grade 5 team has really taken me under their wing. Thankfully, I have wonderful people at home too – so the love has spread across the globe and it’s lifting me up. I’m thankful that it’s the weekend and I have time to recuperate before launching into another week.
 
The positive about this week was definitely Halloween. The kids were adorable and I wore my cheetah dress and some of the China ears that the locals rock on a daily basis. 

Other than school-related panic spirals, we’ve mostly been market hopping for the last few weeks. We went to the wedding market – overwhelming for sure, but also amazing. I tried on a bunch of dresses (may or may not have found one!) and had a blast with Becca, Alicia, and Camesha. They’re a pretty good self-confidence boost if anyone’s looking for a fan club!

Last weekend we ventured to the Dirt Market – quite the experience! The Dirt Market is like a giant flea market. There are vendors with their treasures spread out on the ground and stalls with different types of art. It was wonderful to spend a day with Becca and Alicia, wandering around and choosing gifts for everyone back home. Christmas is coming, and you’ll be getting weird presents, people!

One of the highlights of the last few weeks was definitely Saturday evening. Geetika and Gary hosted a little potluck and we watched Lagaan – a Hindi movie. Despite potentially being the longest movie of all time, it was AWESOME. I was so emotionally invested that I felt sick (Alicia was really crossing her fingers that I didn’t throw up). Watch it – it’s so worth it.

So, those are my updates. This weekend is destined for planning and a little excursion with Geetika tomorrow. Starting November off with a bang, hopefully!

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers - you’re getting me through. I’ll see you next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment