Sunday, 25 August 2013

Apartment #3

Home is where the heart is, ladies and gentleman!

We've touched down in our third living arrangement in 10 days. We're out of the hotel and into the school complex - yay!

When Alicia and I arrived this morning, after dragging every item we owned from the hotel across the street - no small feat in 30* weather, we have a lot of stuff - we were met with a bit of a dilemma. We had a queen bed with a single bed on the way.. how were we going to fit?!

While we pondered this, we tried to clean up a little. The bathroom was our first stop, but it turns out the tub was totally clogged. Uh oh, time to call maintenance! We cleaned while they plunged and drilled and did all kinds of crazy things.. 


In the end, the queen size bed broke - a blessing or a curse? We were left with three singles.. all pushed together. That's not going to work! Luckily, we've been doing some "Physical Environment" arranging in our classrooms, and we came up with something much better.

I know it looks like a mess, but we haven't unpacked luggage yet. It's actually pretty cozy - we all have about the same amount of space, and we have room for our pictures and belongings. I'm happy because I can sleep with my back to the wall like at home.. it's the small things, sometimes!

After maintenance left, I went to clean the tub. I was so happy to have running water, I didn't realize that I was flooding the bathroom. Ah! As it happened, they managed to fix the direct drainage problem but had to do something with the pipes. They didn't communicate about the flood because the maintenance guys didn't speak English, so this is the water we ended up with in the bathroom.. Where's Justin and MacPhee plumbing when you need him!?

Anyway, after all this, we decided to make supper.. which turned into a pretty big disaster in itself. Our cooking skills need a little work.. I'll spare you the details - but I will share the yummy dessert that we DIDN'T make, but got at the mall later..


















Crepes! Mine were chocolate crepes with strawberries, white chocolate drizzle, and ice cream. So much yum! I also had a latte, which is why I'm awake and blogging, even though it's 11:30PM on the night before the first day of school - well, that and nerves.. though probably more so the caffeine.



                               Much love from my little nook in 912!





No comments:

Post a Comment