You've already gotten the details of our crazy week in Beijing - to say we got a lot accomplished is an understatement. That said, this post is about our "engagement story".. don't worry, it's pretty short.
I worked all day Friday. Trust me, longest day ever. I came home at the end of the day to a tidy apartment (blessing) and a sleeping boyfriend. Jet lag had officially caught up with Andrew Jones. We were in a hurry to get ready to go for peking duck, the speciality in Beijing. There was a group of people from the school that were joining our smaller group and we had to meet everyone out front.
As I was running around trying to look alive after a day with my Grade 5s, Andrew was sitting on the bed already ready and digging around in his backpack. I was putting my mascara on when I saw him out of the corner of my eye - hovering. Fortunately before I had the chance to snap at him, he said something along the lines of "well, there's no better time then now"..
..and got down on one knee in the middle of my apartment, and proposed.
We had about four minutes to enjoy "the moment" before going out to meet the group. I was still pretty entranced by the ring and just general happiness. The girls noticed immediately (gotta love Becca and Alicia, always on the ball) but we didn't really tell anyone until halfway through supper - which turned out to be a very awkward experience, but that's another story.
On Wednesday, Geetika took engagement photos - we went to Chaoyang Park. We were lucky that one of the largest parks in Asia was at our disposal - and the sun was out, bonus! It was hard work getting a "good" picture out of us - but Geetika's skills prevailed.. and she managed to capture some priceless moments in the process, too.
So, those are the details - I'm excited to get home and celebrate with everyone. Thank you for all your well wishes and all the love and support that's been coming our way for the last 10 days.

Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment